TODAY's Takeaway: Weiner's chances, Billy Crystal looks back
1. Just a day before New York’s primary election, mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner sat down with Savannah to discuss his chance at winning (he’s currently polling in 4th place).
One topic he did not want to address: his wife, Huma.
“Let’s dial down this whole, ‘She was a big part of’ thing,” he told Savannah. “This thing was always about me, always about the issues in the campaign and frankly, it was also a lot about the mistakes I made in my personal life.”
2. What happens when parents adopt a child from overseas and aren’t prepared for what’s ahead? A troubling investigation reveals that some parents give their children away, sometimes to people they’ve never met, with little or no government oversight.
Nora Gateley was one of those children.
“’Get out and go dig your own grave,” Gateley, now 26, said her new mother told her. “’I don’t care if you die. Nobody will find you. You were not even here in the first place.”
3. Everyone knows the “I'll have what she's having” scene from “When Harry Met Sally,” right? (Hint: It involves Meg Ryan, orgasms and Rob Reiner’s mom.) Well Billy Crystal is one of the few individuals who knows how the famous scene was born. Check out his behind-the-scenes story:
4. Longtime friends Jessica Walsh and Timothy Goodman attempted to solve their dating dilemmas by seeing each other — for 40 days. The duo told Matt and Savannah how it turned out. (Note the body language.)
5. Exactly how long is 1 million seconds? Leave it to Savannah to do the math.
"So, this is kind of your home for the next, what, 11 days, 13 hours, 46 minutes, and 40 seconds?" she asked Ryan Seacrest, host of NBC’s new game show, "The Million Second Quiz." The show airs tonight at 8 p.m. Are you planning to test your trivia knowledge?
6. Turns out Willie was a cheater in high school. (Or, as he puts it, “collaborative.”) In response to a new survey that revealed 42% of Harvard’s incoming freshman class admitted to cheating on homework, Willie admitted he did too (kind of) in high school.
Did you cheat in high school or college? Let us know!
Willie: I cheated on a test in high schoolPlay Video
Tomorrow on TODAY: Savannah interviews President Obama about his plans for Syria.
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!