Jan. 17, 2014 at 1:59 PM ET
1. Happy 50th birthday to our nation’s first lady!
To show Michelle Obama that 50 is indeed fabulous, we asked TODAY fans to show us what #50TODAY looks like to them. The response, as you can see, was awesome.
2. Are you #Rokering yet? You should be, because the entire Internet is.
After Jeff Rossen wrapped a report on Target’s massive security breach, Al lurked behind him – with an angry face over a lamp. After Natalie and Savannah managed to control their laughter, they imitated him, and TODAY fans joined in on the fun.
3. Former NSA director Michael Hayden said Edward Snowden’s whistleblowing has caused “serious, irreversible harm” to America’s national security.
“People around the world now know more about the American intelligence process than they know about their own intelligence processes,” he told Savannah. “That’s not good for civil liberties or for security.”
4. Are you excited for the movie adaptation of the creepy cult classic “Flowers in the Attic”? So are we.
Check out what the film’s stars had to say about the remake:
5. Tom Costello introduced TODAY viewers to arson dogs, the awesome (and adorable) assistants to firefighters.
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!