Aug. 29, 2013 at 4:58 PM ET
1. Mike Tyson opened up to Matt on Thursday morning to shed more light on his recent comments that he’s "on the verge of dying due to his struggles with sobriety."
In an exclusive interview, the heavyweight champ told Matt, “I won't survive if I don't get help.”
2. It’s wonderful news for actress Valerie Harper: The “Mary Tyler Moore Show” actress, who revealed in March on TODAY that she’d been diagnosed with a rare and terminal form of cancer, found out she may have beaten back the disease for now.
"I'd say that we're getting pretty close to a remission," neurooncologist Dr. Jeremy Rudnick told Harper. "It defies the odds."
3. Miss Teen USA Cassidy Wolf talked to TODAY about her experience as a victim of “sextortion” — that a stranger hacked into her computer webcam and took nude photos of her, then tried to extort her.
"I was terrified," she told Savannah and Willie. "I started screaming, bawling my eyes out. I was on the phone with my mom, and I felt helpless because I wasn't sure what to do, so it was a very terrifying moment."
4. Martha Stewart stopped by the plaza to make a delicious party spread, just in time for Labor Day weekend! She dished up recipes you should absolutely make: tequila marinated flank steak, gazpacho shooters, and strawberry shortcake with basil. That's right: Shortcake. With strawberries. And basil. Yum.
5. Savannah sat down with Pharrell Williams — the musical mastermind behind "Blurred Lines," "Hollaback Girl," "Hot in Herre" and just about every summer hit you’ve ever heard — to chat about his path to the top.
"I can write pretty much anywhere,” he revealed. “But in the shower is, like, where it's, like, really great."
6. Jenna Wolfe and Stephanie Gosk welcomed little baby Estelle into the world a week ago, and the little one already has a Twitter account (with a little help from her moms, of course).
Tomorrow on TODAY: Chris Brown shows his moves on the TODAY plaza.
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!