March 13, 2014 at 6:04 PM ET
1. Donald Trump revealed to Matt that the Miss USA competition will be held in Baton Rouge this year (so long, Vegas!), then switched gears to comment on President Obama’s handling of Russia's Vladimir Putin.
“Putin has eaten Obama’s lunch, therefore our lunch, for a long period of time,” Trump told Matt. “I just hope that Obama, who’s not looking too good, doesn’t do something very foolish and very stupid to show his manhood.”
2. Happy anniversary, Pope Francis! To celebrate the pontiff’s one-year anniversary of leading the Catholic Church, TODAY.com reminisced about his best pop culture moments from this past year. For starters, the selfie.
3. Maria Shriver profiled Katrina Gilbert, a single mother of three who’s living paycheck to paycheck and struggling to make ends meet.
“Her story is the story of 42 million women and the 28 million children who depend on them,” Shriver told Matt.
4. The Weather Channel's Sam Champion stopped by to play “Wild Wacky Weather Wallop” with Al and the rest of the anchors. The result, as you can imagine, was hilarious.
5. Christian Slater got a little touchy-feely with Kathie Lee and Hoda this morning. It was fitting, though, since he was promoting "Nymphomaniac: Vol. 1."
6. Would you buy these $1,500 socks?
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!