TODAY's Takeaway: Skydivers will jump again, Michelle Knight reflects on captivity
1. The nine skydivers who survived a harrowing two-plane crash caught on camera told Matt the disaster hasn’t deterred them: They’ll jump again.
The footage of the collision, licensed exclusively by NBC News, shows the jumpers landing on the ground, one by one, shaken and emotional but uninjured, and hopping into a truck to gather up the others.
"It's kind of a joke now, but it was actually one of my better landings," pilot Blake Wedan said.
2. It took years and thousands of dollars, and Rick and Therese Meyer nearly lost hope of ever adopting. Then they got the call they’d been waiting for: a baby was theirs. The couple talked about their journey as part of this week’s “Choosing Adoption” series.
“To be able to raise a child as your own, watch him do everything for the first time,” Rick said. “I mean, that’s what it’s all about.”
Adoption process filled with bureaucracy, high costsPlay Video
5 DIY outdoor games to play with your kids
Mom tears up over son's handsome new look for school
CDC report: 7 is average age when children receive ADHD diagnosis
School's social media monitoring draws criticism, privacy concerns
3. Cleveland kidnapping victim Michelle Knight shared dark details with Dr. Phil McGraw about her 11 years at the hands of Ariel Castro.
“He was obsessed with prostitutes and also he thought I was a 13-year-old prostitute,” she said. “When he found out my real age he got mad.”
Michelle Knight: Castro thought I was a prostitutePlay Video
Kim Davis, Kentucky clerk blocking gay marriages, is due in court
Fox Lake manhunt: 911 tipster being charged after fake sighting
Analyst: Kelly Rutherford 'in a lot of trouble' with custody hearing
See Natalie as a drunk bunny: TODAY gets silly with new app Zoobe
4. The man behind the “Marriage Isn’t for You” posttold TODAY.com he was completely surprised when the unconventional love letter went viral.
“Writing this post was the capstone of everything I’d been learning,” Seth Adam Smith said. “Hopefully someone going through a similar experience ... will be able to turn around their relationship. That was my hope.”
5. Tony Robbins gave away more than just books during his visit this morning to the Orange Room — he also doled out life advice to Twitter users in a chat. Check it out.
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!