TODAY's Takeaway: Savannah overshares; Billy Crystal brings '700 Sundays' to TV
1. Savannah admitted to oversharing pregnancy details in the second installment of her TODAY.com baby blog, “Savannah’s Maternity Musings.” For example:
“It takes very little provocation for me to show my ultrasound pic — not just to close friends, or my mom (who is legally required to adore it) — but also friends or colleagues at work who show even the tiniest trace of interest.”
2. Billy Crystal is bringing his Tony Award-winning show "700 Sundays" to television. He told Matt that the title of his show refers to the number of Sundays he had with his dad before losing him to a heart attack.
"That's sort of the strength of the show," Crystal said. "(It's) at the end, when I come to grips with that and say, 'Yeah, it wasn't a lot, but look what I got in the short period of time that we were together.'"
Billy Crystal reflects on loss, family in new specialPlay Video
Amal Clooney: Canada Should Intervene Over Jailed Journalist
Downton Abbey Stars Speak Out About Show's Final Curtain
NTSB: Driver in Tracy Morgan Crash Hadn't Slept for 28 Hours
NFL MVP and Broadcaster Frank Gifford Dies at 84
3. NBC’s Jonathan Fierro and Ed Wardle were working on a project on Mount Everest when a deadly avalanche hit Friday morning. They said the tragedy occurred at the beginning of the busiest season.
Witnesses on Everest: 'We heard an avalanche'Play Video
Go inside the operating room during mom's kidney transplant
Mom's long journey for new kidney ends with donation from stranger
Joey Travolta makes films starring people with special needs
McDonald's switching to butter from liquid margarine
4. Natalie told Willie and Tamron that music (and carbs!) will help her finish the Boston Marathon on Monday. On her marathon playlist: Coldplay, The Killers and more.
5. Have you tried an elimination diet? Dr. Mark Hyman discussed the latest dieting craze — in which individuals stop consuming substances like as glucose or caffeine — and its positive effects.
Doctor: 'Elimination' diet a quick fix for a better bodyPlay Video
Hospital Running Out of Resources to Aid Obese Man
Bacon Flavored Seaweed?
Call to 911: 'I Bought Some Chinese Food and It's Not to Par…'
General Mills Announces Cereal Shake-Up
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!