TODAY's Takeaway: Remembering JFK 50 years later
1. To commemorate the 50th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy’s assassination, Tom Brokaw and Dan Rather joined Matt and Savannah to talk about where they were the day the president was shot.
Tom Brokaw, Dan Rather remember JFK assassinationPlay Video
Exclusive first look inside Virginia gunman's apartment
Tropical storm Erika nears US, destruction in its wake
Hillary Clinton on the offense as Biden looms large
Savannah State shooting prompts college lockdown
When we opened the discussion up to viewers on Facebook and Twitter, the response was extremely moving.
2. Al got the chance to interview a lifelong icon of his, Bill Cosby, and then — quite wonderfully — open for Cos in Vegas.
"You are just gonna go out there and you're going to forget about who's following you," Cosby encouraged Al backstage.
"So forget about the fact that Bill Cosby is following me?" Al asked.
Bill Cosby 'always believed in listening to myself'Play Video
Shoplifter stuffs chain saw in his pants
Crying happy tears? Mascara a mess? Jerry to the rescue!
Andy Samberg's biggest fear? Kenan says - bacon!
Coach's 'Player of the Day' helps special needs athletes
3. Norma Patricia Esparza, who faces charges for the 1995 murder of Gonzalo Ramirez, a man she alleges raped her, rejected a plea deal and is now behind bars.
“She’s not a victim on this case,” Susan Kang Schroeder, chief of staff for the Orange County District Attorney’s Office, told TODAY. “She’s a defendant on this case.”
Woman in jail for the death of her alleged rapistPlay Video
Prep School Rape Trial: Former Student Acquitted of Felony Sexual Assault
Lone Survivor of Virginia Shooting Shares Terrifying Details
Jury Gives Split Decision in Prep School Rape Trial
Suspect Arrested in Rochester Drive-By Shooting
4. Kate Snow talked to two mothers who survived September’s Nairobi mall shooting about the traumatic event — and how they protected their children.
Survivors of Nairobi mall shooting speak outPlay Video
Rock On! Air Guitar World Championships 2015
Crowdfunding Raises Over $90,000 for Syrian Refugee Selling Pens
Migrant Crisis: Women, Children Among 71 Dead in Austria Truck Tragedy
Tropical Storm Erika Slams The Caribbean: 12 Dead, Dozens Missing
5. Let the wild rumpus start!
For the 50th anniversary of Maurice Sendak's “Where the Wild Things Are,” the TODAY family celebrated with a reading of the timeless tale.
'Wild' at 50: TODAY anchors and stars read Sendak's classicPlay Video
Oops! Man drops engagement ring in ocean mid-proposal
New additions to dictionary: 'Awesome sauce,' 'wine o' clock'
PTA to parents: Don't bake cupcakes - give us money!
Ed Sheeran: My lion tattoo is real after all
6. Illustrator Heather Willems drew her interpretation of the broadcast this morning from the Orange Room, and viewers had the chance to follow along in real time via livestream.
What do you think of the final product? Tweet us using the hashtag #OrangeRoom.
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!