1. To commemorate the 50th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy’s assassination, Tom Brokaw and Dan Rather joined Matt and Savannah to talk about where they were the day the president was shot.
Tom Brokaw, Dan Rather remember JFK assassinationPlay Video
Tulane alum Derrick Edwards an inspiration (including to Hoda) after tragedy
Jack Black, Red Nose Day team up to fight poverty, follow up with kids in Uganda
Vietnamese rapper impresses Obama during Asia tour
Edible marijuana that looks like candy sending kids to ER
When we opened the discussion up to viewers on Facebook and Twitter, the response was extremely moving.
2. Al got the chance to interview a lifelong icon of his, Bill Cosby, and then — quite wonderfully — open for Cos in Vegas.
"You are just gonna go out there and you're going to forget about who's following you," Cosby encouraged Al backstage.
"So forget about the fact that Bill Cosby is following me?" Al asked.
Bill Cosby 'always believed in listening to myself'Play Video
Crying happy tears? Mascara a mess? Jerry to the rescue!
Andy Samberg's biggest fear? Kenan says - bacon!
Coach's 'Player of the Day' helps special needs athletes
Bon Jovi walks superfan down the aisle
3. Norma Patricia Esparza, who faces charges for the 1995 murder of Gonzalo Ramirez, a man she alleges raped her, rejected a plea deal and is now behind bars.
“She’s not a victim on this case,” Susan Kang Schroeder, chief of staff for the Orange County District Attorney’s Office, told TODAY. “She’s a defendant on this case.”
Woman in jail for the death of her alleged rapistPlay Video
Bill Cosby to stand trial: How likely is it he'll face time?
Police: Missouri Dad Shoots at Wife, Kills Their Infant Child
Bill Cosby Ordered to Stand Trial on Sexual Assault Charges
Burglar Drops In Through Ceiling
4. Kate Snow talked to two mothers who survived September’s Nairobi mall shooting about the traumatic event — and how they protected their children.
Survivors of Nairobi mall shooting speak outPlay Video
Sinkhole Swallows Cars Near 670-Year-Old Landmark
Watch Three-Story Building Topple Into River
'Come on!' Vietnamese Rapper Rises to Obama's Challenge
Australian Deputy Prime Minister Fires Back at Johnny Depp
5. Let the wild rumpus start!
For the 50th anniversary of Maurice Sendak's “Where the Wild Things Are,” the TODAY family celebrated with a reading of the timeless tale.
'Wild' at 50: TODAY anchors and stars read Sendak's classicPlay Video
Girl's uncontrolled hoverboard spin ends with big spill
Olive Garden will begin serving spaghetti pie!
NYC 'Post-It War' comes to 30 Rock! See their creation
Helen Hunt mistaken for Jodie Foster at Starbucks
6. Illustrator Heather Willems drew her interpretation of the broadcast this morning from the Orange Room, and viewers had the chance to follow along in real time via livestream.
What do you think of the final product? Tweet us using the hashtag #OrangeRoom.
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!