TODAY's Takeaway: Remembering JFK 50 years later
1. To commemorate the 50th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy’s assassination, Tom Brokaw and Dan Rather joined Matt and Savannah to talk about where they were the day the president was shot.
Tom Brokaw, Dan Rather remember JFK assassinationPlay Video
The small town in New Hampshire looking for some electoral respect
Super Bowl 50 is here! Bob Costas gives us his predictions
Bernie Sanders joins 'SNL' as Democratic debate heats up
Republicans duke it out in New Hampshire debate
When we opened the discussion up to viewers on Facebook and Twitter, the response was extremely moving.
2. Al got the chance to interview a lifelong icon of his, Bill Cosby, and then — quite wonderfully — open for Cos in Vegas.
"You are just gonna go out there and you're going to forget about who's following you," Cosby encouraged Al backstage.
"So forget about the fact that Bill Cosby is following me?" Al asked.
Bill Cosby 'always believed in listening to myself'Play Video
Shoplifter stuffs chain saw in his pants
Crying happy tears? Mascara a mess? Jerry to the rescue!
Andy Samberg's biggest fear? Kenan says - bacon!
Coach's 'Player of the Day' helps special needs athletes
3. Norma Patricia Esparza, who faces charges for the 1995 murder of Gonzalo Ramirez, a man she alleges raped her, rejected a plea deal and is now behind bars.
“She’s not a victim on this case,” Susan Kang Schroeder, chief of staff for the Orange County District Attorney’s Office, told TODAY. “She’s a defendant on this case.”
Woman in jail for the death of her alleged rapistPlay Video
Camera Captures Hit-and-Run Rampage
LA Doctor Faces Life in Prison for Patients' Overdose Deaths
Police Explain How Blake Fitzgerald Was Killed
Brazen Courthouse Escape Caught on Tape
4. Kate Snow talked to two mothers who survived September’s Nairobi mall shooting about the traumatic event — and how they protected their children.
Survivors of Nairobi mall shooting speak outPlay Video
Syrian Refugees Fleeing Bombings Amass at Closed Turkish Border
Iraqi Troops Engage in Fierce Battle with ISIS
Massive Rescue Effort Underway in Aftermath of Deadly Taiwan Earthquake
Honduras Launches Fight Against the Zika Virus
5. Let the wild rumpus start!
For the 50th anniversary of Maurice Sendak's “Where the Wild Things Are,” the TODAY family celebrated with a reading of the timeless tale.
'Wild' at 50: TODAY anchors and stars read Sendak's classicPlay Video
Can you tell who's the mom and who's the daughters?
Catch up on the biggest stories of the week with The Download
Ryan Reynolds reveals his baby daughter was named after his late father
Drew Barrymore: Trying to be hot constantly Is 'exhausting'
6. Illustrator Heather Willems drew her interpretation of the broadcast this morning from the Orange Room, and viewers had the chance to follow along in real time via livestream.
What do you think of the final product? Tweet us using the hashtag #OrangeRoom.
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!