TODAY's Takeaway: Powerball pay day, William talks George
1. Will Seeley, the hilarious “Ocean’s 16” Powerball winner, stopped by Studio 1A to chat with Matt about his $3.8 million pay check. After pseudo-joking about quitting his job (“I just might disappear into the woods and hunt and fish every day”), he revealed that he’s going to use the money to help his cancer-stricken father.
“I just told him, ‘You don’t have to worry about nothing financially except getting healthy and beating cancer,’” Seeley told Matt.
Lotto winner: I'll help dad pay for cancer treatmentsPlay Video
Carli Lloyd: USA will 'cherish this moment' after World Cup win
Donald Trump: I didn't expect backlash 'this severe'
Burt's Bees co-founder dies at 80
Prison escapee David Sweat is back behind bars
2. Jeff Rossen reported that a Michigan doctor has been telling his patients they have cancer, even when they don't, and then prescribing chemotherapy as part of an alleged $35 million Medicare fraud.
Rossen Reports: Doctor allegedly gave needless chemoPlay Video
Holiday tips for barbecue, outdoor food, pool safety
Keene, N.H. sues 'Robin Hoods' who feed expired parking meters
See how dangerous some fireworks can be: Live demonstration
Rossen Reports: How police dogs track criminals, find the missing
3. The late-night-in-the-morning fun continues! Jimmy Fallon admitted to Savannah that he’s a bit anxious about replacing Jay Leno next year.
"It's a little nerve-wracking but exciting to step into his shoes,” he said. "I hope I make him proud."
Fallon: Savannah is better guest than Al, MattPlay Video
Taraji P. Henson Kicks Off American Black Film Festival in NYC
White House Applauds Caitlyn Jenner's 'Tremendous Courage'
Tracy Morgan Focused on Recovery After Tragic Accident
Caitlyn Jenner 'Doesn't Have Any Secrets'
4. Prince William spoke officially Wednesday for the first time since his son’s birth.
“He’s pretty loud and, of course, extremely good-looking,” William joked about 3-week-old George.
William also held a falcon, inspiring us to create an amazing slideshow featuring royals with animals. Yes, Harry’s in there. In overalls. With a pony.
William: Prince George is 'extremely good-looking'Play Video
How to make a DIY flower crown
Why bread baskets should come at the end of a meal
Favorite Things: Kids' book, 'Odd Mom Out'
4 special-needs girls show their abilities in beauty pageant
5. Remember when Natalie told millions of viewers that her sister tricked her into drinking pee when she was a kid? Well, that inspired a bevy of horrible and hysterical sibling horror stories from fans on Twitter and Facebook.
Tomorrow on TODAY: We'll meet Natalie, Al and Willie’s siblings!
And that's TODAY's Takeaway!