March 31, 2014 at 3:14 PM ET
1. Sir Elton John admitted to Matt that “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road,” his breakthrough album that sold 30 million copies since it was released 40 years ago, recently brought him to tears.
The experience of listening to the record, he said, "made me very emotional. I cried a little at it, because it reminded me of a time when I was very innocent."
2. It was a party in Studio 1A this morning. Rocker-rapper Pitbull heated things up inside after telling Tamron he can’t live without “beautiful women” on tour.
3. Willie tried his hand — er, glove — at boxing when he visited the cast of “Rocky,” Broadway’s new musical.
"I need a nap!" he said after the (faux) blows to the face subsided.
4. Katherine Schwarzenegger, daughter of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver, shares her advice for college graduates in her new book, “I Just Graduated … Now What?” She told Matt why she wrote it:
5. Psychotherapist Katherine Woodward Thomas, the creator of “conscious uncoupling” (you know, Gwyneth’s term for separating) talked about the phrase:
Tomorrow on TODAY: Elton John talks to Matt in the second installment of the two-part interview.
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!