1. Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson admitted in court Wednesday to using cocaine multiple times in her life, but called claims that she was a drug addict “absolutely ridiculous.”
The trial involves two of Lawson’s former personal assistants, who are accused of spending exorbitant amounts of her money.
Nigella Lawson testifies in fraud trialPlay Video
Paralyzed former football player now running for Senate - and he credits Hoda Kotb
7-year-old girl sings, dances her way through health battle
Graduate struck by car gets special diploma delivery
Tulane alum Derrick Edwards an inspiration (including to Hoda) after tragedy
2. NBC News investigated a potential hazard to millions of Americans: plastic gas cans that can explode.
Scientists have tested the red containers – which many people use to fill lawnmowers, generators and snowblowers – after the government reported nearly a dozen deaths and 1,200 injuries.
Tests reveal potential hazards of gas cansPlay Video
Former TSA Employee on Long Lines: 'The Blame Goes Everywhere'
Detroit Grandparents Charged After Girl Shoots Self
Shooting by Portland Police Chief Probed
Landslide Leaves House Teetering
3. Al asked if viewers wanted to see it, and you responded with a resounding “I do!”
When he found out that Matt Greenfield, a TODAY producer, had proposed to his girlfriend (and she said yes!), he urged viewers to tweet their demands to see the video of the big moment. Here it is:
Watch a TODAY producer pop the questionPlay Video
TODAY's Sheinelle Jones looks back at her family history
Web Extra: TODAY's Sheinelle Jones and Dylan Dreyer prank their producer
Web Extra: Watch outtakes from Dylan and Sheinelle's intern experience
TODAY's Sheinelle Jones and Dylan Dreyer intern with Rascal Flatts
The consensus: An open line of communication is most important to them.
Parents advise on how to survive the turbulent teensPlay Video
Marine dad celebrates holidays he'll miss with his son while deployed
One-third of millennials are living at home, research shows
Bring on the dad jokes! TODAY is looking for the funniest father
'Cry it out': Letting babies cry themselves to sleep won't hurt, study says
5. What was your favorite viral video of the year? Ray Charles, the blind golden retriever? The baby who cried when she heard her mom sing?
Vote for your top picks for the first-ever Orange Room Awards.
6. Tonight is the annual Rockefeller Center Christmas tree-lighting ceremony. Matt, Savannah, Natalie and Al will be there. Will you?
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!