TODAY's Takeaway: New Studio 1A, Navy Yard shooting, Miss America responds to racism
1. Welcome to the new Studio 1A!
What do you think of the new digs?
Welcome to America's new living room in Studio 1APlay Video
Andy Grammer: Thanksgiving Day parade is an American institution
Getting ready for the Macy's Parade, live from Herald Square
TODAY kicks off annual Toy Drive with Amazon.com
Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree almost ready for lighting ceremony
2. Tragedy in Washington: Navy Yard shooting rocks D.C.
Former naval petty officer Aaron Alexis sprayed an office building with bullets at the Washington Navy Yard on Monday, killing at least 12 people in a rampage that paralyzed part of the nation’s capital, authorities said. It was the deadliest mass shooting in the United States since the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School last year. Tune in tomorrow on TODAY for the latest on this developing story.
3. While Savannah, Natalie, Al, Willie and Carson broadcast from the revamped studio Monday morning, Matt was live from Colorado, where floods have left more than 1,200 people unaccounted for.
Matt spoke with friends and family of Wesley Quinlan, a teen who jumped into the flood last week after his girlfriend, Wiyanna Nelson, was swept away. “They were my best friends,” said Emily Briggs, who was with Wesley and Wiyanna when the floods hit. “I feel like I watched them die.”
Teen couple swept away, killed in Colo. floodingPlay Video
Watch Stunning Drone Video of Arctic Ice and Water
Prince Charles: Climate Change is Cause of Syrian War
Toxins Delay California's Crab Season
NASA: Mars Atmosphere Blown Away by Solar Wind
4. After three decades of silence, Samantha Geimer is speaking out. The woman who was at the center of sexual abuse charges against director Roman Polanski is now 50 and the mother of grown children.
“How do I feel about him? I hope he is well,” she told Savannah. "I was 13, that makes it rape. But I didn’t experience it that way.”
Roman Polanski victim: I'm telling story 'on my own terms'Play Video
Kansas dorm implodes; 2 new residence halls to be built
Man boards airplane with stolen boarding pass left at kiosk
No charges for 'Manger Mother' who left newborn at church
Obama delivers 'dad jokes' at annual turkey pardoning
5. The crowning of the latest Miss America has generated a lot of hate on social media.
After she won over the crowd on Sunday night (thanks to a strong platform and fantastic Bollywood dance number), Twitter lit up with comments suggesting Nina Davuluri, the first Indian-American to win, was a foreigner or even a terrorist with ties to Al Qaeda.
New Miss America responds to racist commentsPlay Video
Fandango expert picks the best movies to see this holiday season
Miranda Lambert speaks out for first time about divorce from Blake Shelton
Thanksgiving 'Piecaken' takes over social media
What doctors won't eat on Thanksgiving
6. Let's face it: The world has gone crazy for the selfie (including Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama and the pope). To celebrate the Orange Room’s debut, Carson Daly led an experiment: What if everyone took a selfie at the same time?
The result: #WorldwideSelfie trended nationwide (thanks, in part, to our anchors’ photography skills)!
7. Did you miss the TODAY Book Club meeting with first-time author Samantha Shannon? No problem! Catch up by watching Natalie interview "The Bone Season" author along with club members.
And that's TODAY's Takeaway!