1. Welcome to the new Studio 1A!
What do you think of the new digs?
Welcome to America's new living room in Studio 1APlay Video
TODAY's Sheinelle Jones looks back at her family history
Web Extra: TODAY's Sheinelle Jones and Dylan Dreyer prank their producer
Web Extra: Watch outtakes from Dylan and Sheinelle's intern experience
TODAY's Sheinelle Jones and Dylan Dreyer intern with Rascal Flatts
2. Tragedy in Washington: Navy Yard shooting rocks D.C.
Former naval petty officer Aaron Alexis sprayed an office building with bullets at the Washington Navy Yard on Monday, killing at least 12 people in a rampage that paralyzed part of the nation’s capital, authorities said. It was the deadliest mass shooting in the United States since the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School last year. Tune in tomorrow on TODAY for the latest on this developing story.
3. While Savannah, Natalie, Al, Willie and Carson broadcast from the revamped studio Monday morning, Matt was live from Colorado, where floods have left more than 1,200 people unaccounted for.
Matt spoke with friends and family of Wesley Quinlan, a teen who jumped into the flood last week after his girlfriend, Wiyanna Nelson, was swept away. “They were my best friends,” said Emily Briggs, who was with Wesley and Wiyanna when the floods hit. “I feel like I watched them die.”
Teen couple swept away, killed in Colo. floodingPlay Video
See Concert Pianist Play While Floating in Arctic Ocean
Watch as Flames Threaten Los Angeles-Area Homes
John Kerry in Svalbard to View Effects of Climate Change
Watch Timelapse of Volcano Spewing Ash and Gas
4. After three decades of silence, Samantha Geimer is speaking out. The woman who was at the center of sexual abuse charges against director Roman Polanski is now 50 and the mother of grown children.
“How do I feel about him? I hope he is well,” she told Savannah. "I was 13, that makes it rape. But I didn’t experience it that way.”
Roman Polanski victim: I'm telling story 'on my own terms'Play Video
Michael Phelps opens up about 5th Olympic try, stint in rehab
Airbnb sues San Francisco over new home-sharing rules
Istanbul attack witness recounts chaos after deadly explosions
Contractor involved in deadly Christmas Day fire missing
5. The crowning of the latest Miss America has generated a lot of hate on social media.
After she won over the crowd on Sunday night (thanks to a strong platform and fantastic Bollywood dance number), Twitter lit up with comments suggesting Nina Davuluri, the first Indian-American to win, was a foreigner or even a terrorist with ties to Al Qaeda.
New Miss America responds to racist commentsPlay Video
See this pup set record by popping 100 balloons in less than 40 seconds!
Matt Damon pranks strangers to promote Jason Bourne movie
Would you pay $7 for cereal at Kellogg's restaurant?
Don't waste your money on this kitchen item, Anthony Bourdain says
6. Let's face it: The world has gone crazy for the selfie (including Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama and the pope). To celebrate the Orange Room’s debut, Carson Daly led an experiment: What if everyone took a selfie at the same time?
The result: #WorldwideSelfie trended nationwide (thanks, in part, to our anchors’ photography skills)!
7. Did you miss the TODAY Book Club meeting with first-time author Samantha Shannon? No problem! Catch up by watching Natalie interview "The Bone Season" author along with club members.
And that's TODAY's Takeaway!