Jan. 28, 2014 at 3:24 PM ET
1. Lindsey Vonn is already looking forward to the 2018 Olympics in Korea, but that doesn’t mean watching this year’s Winter Games won’t be emotional for the injured skier.
“It's going to be so hard,” Vonn, who recently joined TODAY and NBC Sports as an Olympic correspondent, told Matt. “It's already hard enough. You guys run commercials about Sochi about every two minutes, and it's killing me. ”
2. The parents of a 16-year-old Texas girl who survived a 3,500-foot skydiving mishap are simply grateful their daughter survived the fall.
“She’s a miracle,’’ her father, Joe Wethington, told TODAY. “She’s a miracle child.”
3. Together Jacqui White and Cheryl Davis have watched their kids, Olympics-bound ice dancers Meryl and Charlie, compete since they were 8 years old.
“You see the Olympics all your life,” Jacqui said. “You just don’t dream you’ll be there watching your child. It’s just incredible.”
4. Fashion editor Jillian Mercado said her new Diesel ad demonstrates how easily anyone, regardless of body type, can rock Diesel clothing.
“Every photo that they release, someone can relate to it,” the blogger, who has spastic muscular dystrophy, told Matt. “And that’s rare in the fashion industry, to be able to relate and say, ‘You know that’s me in that photo, through that person.’”
5. The Great American Lager is dominating TODAY’s Super Bowl ad face-off. But it’s not too late for Larry Bird and a tiny Darth Vader! Cast your vote today to see your favorites advanced in our weeklong bracket.
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!