TODAY's Takeaway: Michelle Knight forgives Ariel Castro; Obama punch line revealed
1. Michelle Knight that she has forgiven Ariel Castro, the man who abused and kept her captive for nearly 11 years.
“If I did something wrong, even if it was a small thing, I would want somebody to forgive me,” she told TODAY’s Savannah Guthrie in an exclusive interview.
Michelle Knight: Life is 'awesome' right nowPlay Video
Carli Lloyd: USA will 'cherish this moment' after World Cup win
Donald Trump: I didn't expect backlash 'this severe'
Burt's Bees co-founder dies at 80
Prison escapee David Sweat is back behind bars
2. Talk about a delayed punch line. At the White House Correspondents' Association dinner over the weekend, President Obama introduced a visual gag by saying, “George W. Bush took up painting after he left office, which inspired me to take up my own artistic side."
Trouble was, due to technical difficulties, the slide that was supposed to pay off the joke failed to appear on the screen. "Assume that was funny!" the president ad-libbed.
On Monday, TODAY finally revealed the elusive slide showing Obama's supposed work of art. (And yes, it was funny.)
3. And speaking of the Correspondents' Dinner, it's sometimes referred to as the "Nerd Prom" — but the fashion displayed Saturday night was anything but geeky.
First lady Michelle Obama wowed the crowd in an off-shoulder Marchesa gown. Other dazzlers included Oscar winner Lupita Nyong'o, recently named People magazine's Most Beautiful person, in a festive polka-dot gown by Oscar de la Renta.
4. With Mother’s Day coming up on Sunday, TODAY is saluting some of the most important people in our lives with a week-long "Mom’s the Word" celebration — five days of surprises for Mom.
The festivities got underway when seven grandmothers-to-be found their daughters lined up in front of them on the plaza bearing cards — which they flipped to reveal that each one read "I'm pregnant."
'I'm pregnant!' Daughters stun moms on TODAY plazaPlay Video
Do your kids belong to the boomerang generation?
Bobbie's last 'Bobbie's Buzz' is filled with surprises
Some tips and tricks for summer safety
Red, white and Bluetooth gadgets for the Fourth
5. It's "Best of Broadway" week on TODAY, with six days of performances from some of the shining lights along the Great White Way.
Things got off to a strong start Monday with two-time Tony winner Sutton Foster and the cast of "Violet" performing "On My Way" from the acclaimed show about a disfigured woman in search of a miracle cure.
Broadway's 'Violet' cast performs on TODAY plazaPlay Video
Flo Rida's got a 'Good Feeling' about this performance
Robin Thicke joins Flo Rida for surprise performance on the plaza
Flo Rida rocks the plaza with 'Wild Ones'
Flo Rida performs 'G.D.F.R.' on TODAY
And that's TODAY's Takeaway!