TODAY's Takeaway: Matt's in Sochi, Super Bowl quitter's boss has 'epic' reaction
1. Matt anchored this morning from the Olympic Village in Sochi. In front of a wall of snow-capped mountains, he spoke to the women bobsledders about their chances at gold.
“I think we’re all ready to handle whatever comes our way,” Lolo Jones told him.
US women's bobsled team: Sochi is 'incredible'Play Video
Natalie Morales tests the science behind super sports
Al Roker gets a preview of luxury space travel
Hologram of Matt created for 3-D time capsule
The future is here on TODAY: 'Fake' meat, 3-D printed dress
2. The woman who quit her job in a Super Bowl commercial Sunday night told TODAY her boss’s reaction “was epic.”
“He was laughing his can off,” Gwen told them during Trending. “It was super cool.”
Woman who quit job in GoDaddy ad: Boss was stunnedPlay Video
Charlie Charlie Challenge among top Google searches
Taylor Swift can save these students from final exams
Johnny Depp faces jail for taking dogs to Australia
Jeopardy! champ delivers wrong (but hilarious) answer
3. The Super Bowl itself was pretty dull (poor Peyton), but that doesn’t mean the evening didn’t have its moments. From Broadway Joe’s fancy coat to Seinfeld’s big reunion (and likeness to Matt) to the night’s best ads, the anchors chatted about them all.
Budweiser's Super Bowl ad scores bigPlay Video
Houston mayor on flooding: 'Waters still rising'
Pope Francis: I haven't watched TV since 1990
Did suspect in DC mansion murders act alone?
B.B. King's daughters: Our father was poisoned
4. “Tiger Mom” Amy Chua is out with another book — this time with husband Jed Rubenfeld — which argues that certain groups do much better than others in America.
In response to critics who say it perpetuates stereotypes, Rubenfeld argued to Savannah, “Any time you talk about groups in America, there's going to be sensitivity, but our book is the polar opposite of racist.”
'Tiger Mom' is on the prowl againPlay Video
Teacher learns lessons in love from son with rare disability
Toddler throws tantrum in front of President Obama
Watch: Adorable baby LOVES the sound of ripping paper
Author warns of the perils of overparenting
5. What’s your favorite Winter Olympic event? We want to know (especially if it’s curling)!
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!
Tomorrow on TODAY: Savannah talks to Mark Zuckerberg in an exclusive interview to mark Facebook’s 10th anniversary.