Dec. 3, 2013 at 2:01 PM ET
1. Newly released footage shows the incredible rescue of a man who survived 60 hours trapped in undersea wreckage off the coast of Nigeria.
"He's alive! He's alive!" the diver exclaimed when he saw the hand of the ship’s cook, Harrison Okene, emerge. Watch the rescue below:
2. Tom Camp, 73, has delivered more than 5 million packages during his career with UPS.
He’s also set a record that no other employee in his company has achieved: 51 years without a single accident.
3. As part of this week’s “Inside the Teenage Mind” series, Jenna Bush Hager sat down with 10 teens to find out how they navigate peer pressure, drugs and more. From Miley Cyrus to cyberbullying, hear what they had to say:
4. Mark Wahlberg — along with his (equally dreamy) “Lone Survivors” costars Taylor Kitsch and Emile Hirsch — told Matt that portraying a Navy SEAL in Afghanistan was an eye-opener for him.
“We get up there and do it again and it's difficult for us,” the actor said. “But it doesn't measure up to what [soldiers] do."
5. In response to news that one of the most popular types of Christmas tree — Fraser firs — has fallen under attack by water mold, Matt got a lesson in shopping for alternatives.
What is your preferred tree choice? Let us know in the comments.
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!