Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:37 PM ET
1. Is Syria’s first lady a modern Marie Antoinette? The wife of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has been noted for her sense of style and charitable efforts. But as her husband continues to reject claims he gassed his countrymen with poison, Asma al-Assad has drawn controversy of her own for her lavish lifestyle.
2. Matt’s revealing interview with Mike Tyson continued this morning, and the boxing legend was frank about his struggle with sobriety.
"Everything just started creeping up on me, hitting me," he said. “I started dealing with old wounds that opened up and it was just overwhelming."
3. Edythe Kirchmaier has no intention of slowing down.
At 105 years old, she's been driving for 86 years – and says she’s never received a ticket or been in an accident. And… wait for it… she's on Facebook!
4. Kate’s out and about! The Duchess of Cambridge, who gave birth to baby George just five weeks ago, made her first public appearance Friday morning at a marathon in Anglesey, Wales, where she and Prince William are living until their move back to Kensington Palace.
“You don’t want to be superficial and fuss always over the way she looks,” Tamron said this morning. “But, I’m going to be the girly girl and say she does look quite amazing.”
5. Chris Brown dropped by the plaza to get pre-Labor Day crowds dancing and screaming. The Grammy Award winner sang his popular hits as well as new singles: "Fine China," "Beat It" and "Love More."
6. Start the grill! Joy Bauer helped pick the winner of TODAY’s “Too Good to be Healthy” burger contest, and the finalists — like the bacon cheese inside-out turkey burger and the naked buffalo burger — made the decision challenging. Check out the recipes to find your favorite low-cal option.
And that's TODAY's Takeaway!