June 2, 2014 at 5:09 PM ET
1. White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told TODAY the swap of POW Bowe Bergdahl for five Taliban leaders did not threaten U.S. security.
“It was absolutely the right thing to do because the United States does not leave our men and women behind in armed conflict,” Carney said.
Weigh in on TODAY.com: Was the Bowe Bergdahl release deal the right thing for the U.S. to do?
2. R.I.P. Alice! TODAY paid tribute to actress Ann B. Davis, who died Sunday at age 88.
Barry Williams, who played Greg alongside Davis’ Alice on "The Brady Bunch," remembered her as a great friend.
"She lived a full life — lived it in her own terms and in service to the Lord," he told TODAY.
3. Shailene Woodley stopped by to promote her new film, “The Fault In Our Stars,” and explained to Savannah how she gave up her home to live as a serial couch surfer.
“I use just this carry-on suitcase, and I think there’s, like, two pairs of jeans, a pair of leggings, a little box that my friend made me with all the trinkets and doodads that I collect here along the way,” she said. “And that’s it! Some underwear …”
4. For the second time in two weeks, an inflatable bounce house with children inside went airborne after high winds sent it tumbling in a field in Colorado.
Jeff Rossen reported on the incident, and offered advice for parents of young children.
5. Congratulations to Lauren Scruggs and Jason Kennedy! Scruggs said yes to Kennedy’s romantic wedding proposal (look at those candles!) over the weekend. The duo shared details of the proposal on TODAY.
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!