April 3, 2014 at 5:45 PM ET
1. A doctor who treated victims of Wednesday’s Fort Hood shooting said he hopes “the acts of madness by two individuals” don't taint the nation's perception of a military base thousands of individuals call home.
“It’s really difficult to understand why these acts of madness occur,” Dr. Matthew Davis told Matt.
2. Idina Menzel’s over the whole John Travolta-Adele Nazim Oscars flub, but she wasn’t when it happened—at least not for eight seconds.
"I was picturing my son Walker, I thought, 'Let me just sing it to him' like we do in the bathtub ... and (Travolta) said my name like that and I was like, 'Did that just happen?'" Menzel told Savannah.
3. Do you think New York Mets player Daniel Murphy was right to take paternity leave to be with his wife and newborn? That’s the question Tamron posed to TODAY viewers this morning. The response was great. Join this discussion.
4. Kerry Sanders visited Carol the elephant, the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus star who was shot last year, for her return to performing.
“I’m excited to get there and see everybody and show everybody in Tupelo that Carol is great,” her owner and trainer said.
5. Matt sat down with members of the Russian band Pussy Riot who served almost two years in prison. See what they had to say:
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!