TODAY's Takeaway: Huffington daughter talks addiction, Al wakes up
Al woke up with his alarm! Jenna Wolfe's about to pop! In case you missed any of today's news, here's TODAY's roundup:
1. Christina Huffington, daughter of media mogul Arianna Huffington, opened up Wednesday about her addiction to cocaine, an “absolutely un-glamorous” abuse that started when she was just 16.
“What I want to show is that addiction can strike, no matter what," she told Savannah.
Arianna Huffingtonâ€™s daughter: Cocaine almost killed mePlay Video
Nation wary as officials monitor for possible Fourth of July threats
Severe storms strike South
North Carolina beaches on high alert after string of shark attacks
Anticipation grows for Princess Charlotte's royal christening
2. Jenna’s about to pop! An 8 ½-month pregnant Wolfe penned a blog for TODAY.com about the homestretch. She writes:
“This baby girl is officially full-term, which means she's already over 6 pounds, about the size of a bunch of Swiss chard (fancy!) and can safely make her way into the world today with everything she's got.”
3. Speaking of babies: Meet the family with 11 boys who tried for a girl… and got another boy.
Couple hoping for a girl welcomes 12th sonPlay Video
17 adorable ways to hold a baby
No more Noahs? Gender-neutral baby names on the rise
Kids who watch 'Sesame Street' do better in school
Toddler throws tantrum in front of President Obama
4. Let the Olympic countdown begin! Sochi is just six months away – perfect timing for an insider’s take on why you should be psyched to see Vonn, White and the newest American stars.
5. Savannah and Matt set their alarms extra early this morning to make sure Al didn’t oversleep (again). The anchors dropped by his earlier show, "Wake up with Al" on The Weather Channel, to check in.
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!