TODAY's Takeaway: Girl's donation inspires, Stamos ignites bromance
1. Jordyn Self, 10, inspired the entire TODAY family this morning when she explained her simple act of goodwill: giving up the coveted American Girl doll she wanted for Christmas to raise money for U.S. troops.
"Why wouldn't it be important?" she asked the anchors. "They don't get stuff that we get every day."
Girl, 10, donates American Girl doll for troopsPlay Video
Flashback: See Brooke Shields' '70s and '80s interviews on TODAY
Intense thrill rides, underground lakes: TODAY Summer Adventures explores incredible destinations
Spelling Bee winners on tie: 'Less hearts were broken'
KLG, Hoda 'Give It Away' to 5 lucky viewers
2. Is there a TODAY bromance brewing?
It sure seemed like it this morning when Matt interviewed John Stamos. After some beard-rubbing and a few compliments during a segment about staying sexy after 50, the now-50-year-old actor asked Matt, “Should we make out?”
3. Jeff Rossen launched a hidden-camera investigation to see how auto shops charged for simple fixes like tire air pressure – and the results were surprisingly wonderful.
Rossen: Hidden cameras test tire shops' honestyPlay Video
How to protect your kids from bounce house injuries
Caught on camera: Ground Zero hot dog vendor gouges tourist
Scares in the air: Parasailing safety issues revealed
How to get out of a train accident alive
4. Holy nostalgia, Batman!
Matt drove a classic replica of the Batmobile featured in the iconic 1960s “Batman” television show onto the plaza this morning, and it was awesome.
5. Inspired by a Vine by Al, the campaign to get Vice President Joe Biden to guest co-host TODAY continued this morning. How bad do you want the Veep to host? Tweet #OrangeRoom to let us know.
6. Jill Martin offered fantastic holiday gift ideas on today’s Steals & Deals. Pomegranate body wash and bracelets for the stockings… check!
Steals and Deals: Grab these holiday bargainsPlay Video
Bobbie Thomas finds fabulous summer footwear
Fun summer fashions to keep your kids cool
What's the best time to buy a car?
Luxe for Less: 6 trendy summer items
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!