TODAY's Takeaway: Girl's donation inspires, Stamos ignites bromance
1. Jordyn Self, 10, inspired the entire TODAY family this morning when she explained her simple act of goodwill: giving up the coveted American Girl doll she wanted for Christmas to raise money for U.S. troops.
"Why wouldn't it be important?" she asked the anchors. "They don't get stuff that we get every day."
Girl, 10, donates American Girl doll for troopsPlay Video
Should Furbies, Beanie Babies and other '90s fads make a comeback?
Is the new Dyson hair dryer a bunch of hot air?
Couple uses Ring Pops as wedding rings after real ones were stolen
Watch this teen carry brother with cerebral palsy on 111-mile walk
2. Is there a TODAY bromance brewing?
It sure seemed like it this morning when Matt interviewed John Stamos. After some beard-rubbing and a few compliments during a segment about staying sexy after 50, the now-50-year-old actor asked Matt, “Should we make out?”
3. Jeff Rossen launched a hidden-camera investigation to see how auto shops charged for simple fixes like tire air pressure – and the results were surprisingly wonderful.
Rossen: Hidden cameras test tire shops' honestyPlay Video
Watch how fast your selfie can cause a crash
Are designer sunglasses really worth hundreds of dollars?
Fitbit fitness trackers can reveal personal info to police, landmark case shows
Rossen Reports: Are you being shortchanged by coin-counting machines?
4. Holy nostalgia, Batman!
Matt drove a classic replica of the Batmobile featured in the iconic 1960s “Batman” television show onto the plaza this morning, and it was awesome.
Holy nostalgia, Batman: Batmobile visits TODAY plazaPlay Video
Obama Appears on Cuban Comedy Show
Sesame Street on Its Way to New Home on HBO
Disney Removes Cosby Bust
If Dragons Were Real Could You Actually Ride One?
5. Inspired by a Vine by Al, the campaign to get Vice President Joe Biden to guest co-host TODAY continued this morning. How bad do you want the Veep to host? Tweet #OrangeRoom to let us know.
6. Jill Martin offered fantastic holiday gift ideas on today’s Steals & Deals. Pomegranate body wash and bracelets for the stockings… check!
Steals and Deals: Grab these holiday bargainsPlay Video
Luxe for less: Find stylish shades for summer
President's Day sales: Should you buy or wait?
Get the 'Steals and Deals' that transformed Savannah Guthrie's apartment
Music muff headphones, faux fur for dogs, and more stuff we love in 2016
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!