1. Jordyn Self, 10, inspired the entire TODAY family this morning when she explained her simple act of goodwill: giving up the coveted American Girl doll she wanted for Christmas to raise money for U.S. troops.
"Why wouldn't it be important?" she asked the anchors. "They don't get stuff that we get every day."
Girl, 10, donates American Girl doll for troopsPlay Video
Ducklings trapped in pond get sweet rescue
Florida officer makes 6-year-old's day with bike surprise
See how this dog found his forever home after tragic abuse
Meet the man who ate only expired food for a week
2. Is there a TODAY bromance brewing?
It sure seemed like it this morning when Matt interviewed John Stamos. After some beard-rubbing and a few compliments during a segment about staying sexy after 50, the now-50-year-old actor asked Matt, “Should we make out?”
3. Jeff Rossen launched a hidden-camera investigation to see how auto shops charged for simple fixes like tire air pressure – and the results were surprisingly wonderful.
Rossen: Hidden cameras test tire shops' honestyPlay Video
Do budget airlines really save you money? Rossen Reports Live
Are carnival games rigged? Jeff Rossen reveals secrets
Claw machine secrets revealed: Is it rigged?
How to keep your pet safe during the dog days of summer
4. Holy nostalgia, Batman!
Matt drove a classic replica of the Batmobile featured in the iconic 1960s “Batman” television show onto the plaza this morning, and it was awesome.
Holy nostalgia, Batman: Batmobile visits TODAY plazaPlay Video
Weekend Update anchors to delegates: Would you let Hillary read your email?
NFL star Travis Kelce: I'm looking for love on 'Catching Kelce'
It's 'Bachelorette' recap time: Get KLG a barf bag ASAP!
Al Roker takes you behind the scenes of 'Wheel of Fortune'
5. Inspired by a Vine by Al, the campaign to get Vice President Joe Biden to guest co-host TODAY continued this morning. How bad do you want the Veep to host? Tweet #OrangeRoom to let us know.
6. Jill Martin offered fantastic holiday gift ideas on today’s Steals & Deals. Pomegranate body wash and bracelets for the stockings… check!
Steals and Deals: Grab these holiday bargainsPlay Video
Jill's Steals and Deals: Baby blankets, leather clutch, more
Tempting summer sales: Should you buy now or wait for later?
Jill's Steals & Deals: Save on candles, silverware, décor
Luxe for less: Find stylish shades for summer
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!