1. This morning was full of delectable spring dishes thanks to rising food star Laura Vitale. The “Laura in the Kitchen” host joined Carson to launch our Fresh Cooks Live: TODAY’s Spring Cookalong series, demoing her recipes live on TODAY.com.
On the menu: risotto primavera, vegetable and mozzarella salad and blueberry turnovers.
Carson cooks with 'Laura in the Kitchen'Play Video
Grilled eggplant stacks: Try this easy meat-free recipe
Gelato on the rise: What makes the frozen treat so popular?
A sloppy joe without guilt or meat? Joy Bauer shows how!
Rose is passe: Blue wine is the latest trend
2. When Barbara Crawford got the news at work that her two boys were stranded on an ice sheet last week, she was “petrified.”
“[I] got in my car as soon as I could,” Barbara Crawford told Savannah, of the incident in which her sons were stuck for nearly an hour before firefighters rescued them. “It seemed like eternity before I got there, but it was probably between five and 10 minutes, honestly.”
Boy trapped on ice: 'Help us! We're going to die!'Play Video
Life well lived: Bluegrass singer Ralph Stanley
'Brexit' aftermath: Mixed emotions and long-term consequences
Search for South Carolina inmates called off
'Brexit' do-over? Millions sign petition for second referendum
3. Kim and Kanye’s Vogue cover has drawn a ton of criticism, but Al doesn’t get why exactly.
“I don’t quite understand this controversy,” he joked — referring to his and Willie’s spoof of the magazine. “This is a gorgeous cover.”
Al and Willie spoof Kim and Kanye Vogue coverPlay Video
'Independence Day,' 'Free State of Jones' top weekend entertainment
Duck Tape Festival is a sticky situation for Lilliana Vazquez
Christian Slater on 'Mr. Robot,' 'Archer' and his favorite film he's made
Friday Fishbowl: Who in history would Willie Geist like to meet?
4. “Blacklist” star Ryan Eggold revealed an embarrassing secret during TODAY's Take — thanks to some intense interrogating by Al.
'Blacklist' star reveals 'embarrassing' secretPlay Video
Happy Birthday, Gary Busey! See Willie Geist's predictions for next week
Is too much TV a bad thing?
'Brexit' results won't affect 'Game of Thrones': HBO
TODAY anchors put their shark knowledge to the test
5. Natalie’s leading TODAY’s NCAA bracket battle. How does yours stack up?
The stick allows the user to hold the camera camera further away, offering more range than the average selfie. Naturally, Carson and the rest of the TODAY team decided to take the selfie stick out for a test run, resulting in this glorious group shot:
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!