TODAY's Takeaway: Carson takes a 'groupie' pic; fans follow along with Fresh Cooks Live
1. This morning was full of delectable spring dishes thanks to rising food star Laura Vitale. The “Laura in the Kitchen” host joined Carson to launch our Fresh Cooks Live: TODAY’s Spring Cookalong series, demoing her recipes live on TODAY.com.
On the menu: risotto primavera, vegetable and mozzarella salad and blueberry turnovers.
Carson cooks with 'Laura in the Kitchen'Play Video
A week's worth of mouth-watering summer desserts
Strawberry shortcake recipe from Al is a summer favorite
Backyard BBQ etiquette: 'Can't we suck the bones?'
Slow-cooker triple chocolate brownies are an easy summer treat
2. When Barbara Crawford got the news at work that her two boys were stranded on an ice sheet last week, she was “petrified.”
“[I] got in my car as soon as I could,” Barbara Crawford told Savannah, of the incident in which her sons were stuck for nearly an hour before firefighters rescued them. “It seemed like eternity before I got there, but it was probably between five and 10 minutes, honestly.”
Boy trapped on ice: 'Help us! We're going to die!'Play Video
Dragon boat races pair unlikely competitors
Search called off for two boys lost at sea off Florida coast
Killing of Cecil the Lion puts big game hunting into sharp focus
Family of Hannah Anderson's alleged kidnapper sues FBI for $20 million
3. Kim and Kanye’s Vogue cover has drawn a ton of criticism, but Al doesn’t get why exactly.
“I don’t quite understand this controversy,” he joked — referring to his and Willie’s spoof of the magazine. “This is a gorgeous cover.”
Al and Willie spoof Kim and Kanye Vogue coverPlay Video
Mom continues search for missing sons - 29 years later
Artist creates amazing balloon animals
How do YOU say caramel? Commonly mispronounced foods debated
3-ingredient cheesecake: TODAY anchors think it's a mind trick
4. “Blacklist” star Ryan Eggold revealed an embarrassing secret during TODAY's Take — thanks to some intense interrogating by Al.
'Blacklist' star reveals 'embarrassing' secretPlay Video
Disney Removes Cosby Bust
If Dragons Were Real Could You Actually Ride One?
Great Escapes: From 'Shawshank' to 'X-Men,' Pop Culture's Top Prison Breaks
Why Do We Love Zombies So Much?
5. Natalie’s leading TODAY’s NCAA bracket battle. How does yours stack up?
The stick allows the user to hold the camera camera further away, offering more range than the average selfie. Naturally, Carson and the rest of the TODAY team decided to take the selfie stick out for a test run, resulting in this glorious group shot:
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!