TODAY's Takeaway: Carson takes a 'groupie' pic; fans follow along with Fresh Cooks Live
1. This morning was full of delectable spring dishes thanks to rising food star Laura Vitale. The “Laura in the Kitchen” host joined Carson to launch our Fresh Cooks Live: TODAY’s Spring Cookalong series, demoing her recipes live on TODAY.com.
On the menu: risotto primavera, vegetable and mozzarella salad and blueberry turnovers.
Carson cooks with 'Laura in the Kitchen'Play Video
Andy Cohen: 'Don't screw with my Twinkies'
Your kids will love Pati Jinich's chipotle chicken pasta casserole
Pepsi goes 'Back to the Future' with new promotion
Dr. Oz and his wife Lisa make pumpkin pie from scratch
2. When Barbara Crawford got the news at work that her two boys were stranded on an ice sheet last week, she was “petrified.”
“[I] got in my car as soon as I could,” Barbara Crawford told Savannah, of the incident in which her sons were stuck for nearly an hour before firefighters rescued them. “It seemed like eternity before I got there, but it was probably between five and 10 minutes, honestly.”
Boy trapped on ice: 'Help us! We're going to die!'Play Video
Family wades through Carolina floodwaters to rescue man, dog
General Motors recalling SUVs over windshield wiper issue
TODAY anchors enjoy tot's heartwarming reunion with military dad
How a football community helped a mom face breast cancer
3. Kim and Kanye’s Vogue cover has drawn a ton of criticism, but Al doesn’t get why exactly.
“I don’t quite understand this controversy,” he joked — referring to his and Willie’s spoof of the magazine. “This is a gorgeous cover.”
Al and Willie spoof Kim and Kanye Vogue coverPlay Video
Color coding, bubble notes and other hacks for busy parents
Spooky Halloween destinations sure to scare up some fun
Malin Akerman: 'Final Girls' is a smart send-up of '80s horror
Justin Bieber's lawyers demand nude photos be removed
4. “Blacklist” star Ryan Eggold revealed an embarrassing secret during TODAY's Take — thanks to some intense interrogating by Al.
'Blacklist' star reveals 'embarrassing' secretPlay Video
Sesame Street on Its Way to New Home on HBO
Disney Removes Cosby Bust
If Dragons Were Real Could You Actually Ride One?
Great Escapes: From 'Shawshank' to 'X-Men,' Pop Culture's Top Prison Breaks
5. Natalie’s leading TODAY’s NCAA bracket battle. How does yours stack up?
The stick allows the user to hold the camera camera further away, offering more range than the average selfie. Naturally, Carson and the rest of the TODAY team decided to take the selfie stick out for a test run, resulting in this glorious group shot:
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!