1. Boston Marathon bombing victim James Costello told Savannah that, for him, the tragedy turned out to be a blessing in disguise – it’s how he met his future wife.
"One thing that she hates that I always say is I’m actually glad I got blown up,'' he said of Krista D’Agostino, who was working as a nurse at the hospital he was transferred to. “I wish everyone else didn’t have to, but I don’t think I would have ever met her if I didn’t, so I’m pretty happy."
Boston bombing victim finds love in rehabPlay Video
Give It Away: 5 lucky viewers win wine cooler, cork stool
Sam Waterson: 'We laugh every day' making 'Grace and Frankie'
Summer Slimdown: See how much weight two viewers lost!
David Alan Grier: I cried backstage after seeing 'Hamilton'
2. Casey Borgen made headlines Thursday when he fought back against a man who pointed a gun in his face on a Seattle city bus, pinning him to the ground.
“A lot of people thought that it was a conscious action to try and take him down but it was something that was pure instinct,” he told Savannah and Carson this morning. “I recall thinking as it was happening, it was a bad idea. Once that happened, it was one of those things where it had to be carried to its logical (end).”
Man who took down bus gunman: 'It was pure instinct'Play Video
In Hiroshima, Obama comforts survivors but doesn't apologize
Tornadoes, flooding continue to hit Midwest: 'I was scared for my life'
Donald Trump reaches 1,237 delegates, says he'll debate Bernie Sanders
Hillary Clinton tries to turn the page on scathing email report
3. The widower whose tribute to his wife – photos of him and their daughter recreating images he took with his bride years earlier – believes the message of hope has driven the project to go viral.
“We lose our loved ones, and they go away and it’s painful and it hurts, but the love doesn’t go away. It never goes away,” he told TODAY.
Widower recreates wedding photos with daughterPlay Video
Steven Spielberg's advice to grads: Go home like E.T.!
Marine dad celebrates holidays he'll miss with his son while deployed
Paralyzed former football player now running for Senate - and he credits Hoda Kotb
7-year-old girl sings, dances her way through health battle
4. Do you have questions about the Target credit card hack? Here are answers from TODAY's Jeff Rossen.
Rossen: Thieves make fake credit cards fastPlay Video
Hot car deaths are spiking; here's how to rescue a child
Edible marijuana that looks like candy sending kids to ER
How to avoid barbecue accidents: It's Rossen Reports live!
Which perfume has the pee? It's Rossen Reports live!
5. Things got a tad feisty in Studio 1A as Al, Tamron and the rest of the group debated the victors in TODAY’s Christmas Movie Face-off.
TODAY.com readers voted all week, and this morning the final two flicks were revealed in the Orange Room: "It's a Wonderful Life" and "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation."
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!