Jan. 31, 2014 at 6:05 PM ET
1. Actors Kristin Bell and Dax Shepard have a message for paparazzi photographers: Their child is off-limits.
"You see a lot of paparazzi blackmailing celebrities, saying if you pose for a few pictures we'll leave you alone for the rest of the day,” said Shepard on TODAY. “And I just don't think that that's the best option that we have in this world."
2. It's been 10 years since Mark Zuckerberg created Facebook, and the soon-to-be 30-year-old CEO sat down for an exclusive interview with Savannah airing Tuesday to reflect on how far the social network has come, and what made it successful.
"When I look back over the last 10 years, one of the questions that I ask myself is, why were we the ones to help do this?" he said. "And I think a lot of what it comes down to is, we just cared more." Tune in for the rest of his interview next week!
3. It was an old-fashioned pep rally on the TODAY plaza this morning, with fans from Seattle, Wash. and Denver, Colo. showing off their Super Bowl spirit, while cheerleaders for the Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks joined in on the fun. Speaking of the Super Bowl, you also helped us choose your favorite Super Bowl ad of all time.
4. We asked why you "like" TODAY - and you answered! Thanks to the nearly 16,000 fans who submitted creative entries on Facebook explaining "Why I Like TODAY."
Meet the five finalists, including this viewer, who wrote a song especially for TODAY including the rap: "If the day will be soaker, I get a warning from Al Roker."
5. Six years ago, on a bitterly cold January morning, Jonny Benjamin was coaxed away from a ledge on London's Waterloo Bridge by a total stranger walking to work. The chance interaction saved his life — and now he's been able to reunite with the man who helped him, thanks to an online campaign that went viral.
"I always thought of that time as being very negative, I thought of that place as being the worst in my life,” he says. “I feel that I can look at it a very different way now. I’ve overcome that. I’ve come full circle and am able to close that chapter.”
And that's TODAY's Takeaway!