Dec. 9, 2013 at 2:20 PM ET
1. In what might be the worst layover ever, Tom Wagner dozed off during his recent flight and woke up to find himself locked in the plane’s dark cabin.
“I just don't know how it happened, I really don't,’’ he told TODAY. “I mean, passengers get off, you'd think somebody would have rubbed me or pushed me and said, 'Hey buddy, we're here.'’’
2. After years of therapy for J.J., a 3-year-old with autism, his parents found a way for him to connect: chickens.
“He's got a great personality now,” his mom, Ashleigh Hart, told TODAY. “He's got a personality we never thought we'd see.”
But now Ashleigh and her husband, Joe, are fighting to keep the birds, since their town banned residents from raising them. Do you think the community should lift the ban?
3. Jeff Rossen investigated a growing scam where people roll back odometers to sell cars for more than they’re worth.
Have you checked your car’s odometer history? It’s easy.
4. Time magazine revealed its top 10 finalists for 2013’s Person of the Year title. (It’s maybe the only year-end list to include Pope Francis, Miley Cyrus and Bashar al-Assad.)
Who do you think should get the title?
5. Tyler Perry stopped by the studio to chat about "A Madea Christmas," the latest project to feature the no-nonsense character. But don’t worry – he’s not too attached to her.
“As long as people want to see her, she'll be around," he insisted. "But the minute they stop coming, that broad's going to die a quick death!”
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!