TODAY's Takeaway: Anchors put down the razors, Matt reveals costume secrets
1. There’s a growing consensus among TODAY fans: Matt dressed in drag as Pam Anderson for Thursday’s Halloween celebration was awesome-disturbing. But just how did he squeeze into that iconic red one-piece?
A “magic tool” of an undergarment called “the concealer,” he told an extremely grossed-out Savannah.
(And the non-drag costume of the year goes to another member of the TODAY family.)
2. Say hello to scruff, boys!
The TODAY men — Matt, Al, Willie and Carson — are going au naturel for all of November in an effort to raise awareness about men's health issues, specifically prostate and testicular cancer.
Will you join in on the hairy fun? Share your updates using the hashtag #NoShaveTODAY.
TODAY men renounce razors for No-Shave NovemberPlay Video
Meet the hot dog eating competition champs!
Protect your pets during fireworks with a few genius tips
Irony? Internet weighs in on 'digital amnesia' effect
Devoted 'Deadheads' celebrate 50 years of the Grateful Dead online
3. Bernard Kerik, the fallen former NYC police commissioner who went to prison for tax evasion and lying to federal authorities, told Matt that three years behind bars changed his mind about mandatory minimum sentences.
“The system is supposed to help [inmates], not destroy them,” he said.
NYPD chief-turned-inmate Kerik: Prison system is 'broken'Play Video
Carli Lloyd: USA will 'cherish this moment' after World Cup win
Donald Trump: I didn't expect backlash 'this severe'
Burt's Bees co-founder dies at 80
Prison escapee David Sweat is back behind bars
4. Four Oscar winners — Morgan Freeman, Michael Douglas, Robert De Niro and Kevin Kline — took on co-hosting duties during this morning’s 8 a.m. hour. The “Last Vegas” stars helped Al with the weather report, weighed in on heated social debates and prepared seasonal fall meals with chef John Besh.
Check out the Hollywood legends’ hour of hosting:
Ladies admit they mold their man into Mr. RightPlay Video
Social media reacts to Rachel Dolezal interview with Matt Lauer
Will new changes make the SAT exam easier than ever?
Chocolate cuts heart attack risk, helps weight loss
Did Ashton and Mila join others who married on Fourth?
5. It’s time for another TODAY Book Club quiz! We’re asking fans to answer a question about the latest literary pic, "Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy."
Have a guess? Tweet it using the hashtag #TODAYBookClub.
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!