TODAY's Takeaway: Anchors put down the razors, Matt reveals costume secrets
1. There’s a growing consensus among TODAY fans: Matt dressed in drag as Pam Anderson for Thursday’s Halloween celebration was awesome-disturbing. But just how did he squeeze into that iconic red one-piece?
A “magic tool” of an undergarment called “the concealer,” he told an extremely grossed-out Savannah.
(And the non-drag costume of the year goes to another member of the TODAY family.)
2. Say hello to scruff, boys!
The TODAY men — Matt, Al, Willie and Carson — are going au naturel for all of November in an effort to raise awareness about men's health issues, specifically prostate and testicular cancer.
Will you join in on the hairy fun? Share your updates using the hashtag #NoShaveTODAY.
TODAY men renounce razors for No-Shave NovemberPlay Video
#ForceFriday: New 'Star Wars' toys released, RD-D2 thrills TODAY
Who should host the Oscars in 2016? Fans weigh in with dream duos
Should managers take full parental leave? TODAY.com readers say 'yes'
Obama to record episode of 'Running Wild with Bear Grylls'
3. Bernard Kerik, the fallen former NYC police commissioner who went to prison for tax evasion and lying to federal authorities, told Matt that three years behind bars changed his mind about mandatory minimum sentences.
“The system is supposed to help [inmates], not destroy them,” he said.
NYPD chief-turned-inmate Kerik: Prison system is 'broken'Play Video
Kim Davis, Kentucky clerk blocking gay marriages, is due in court
Fox Lake manhunt: 911 tipster being charged after fake sighting
Analyst: Kelly Rutherford 'in a lot of trouble' with custody hearing
See Natalie as a drunk bunny: TODAY gets silly with new app Zoobe
4. Four Oscar winners — Morgan Freeman, Michael Douglas, Robert De Niro and Kevin Kline — took on co-hosting duties during this morning’s 8 a.m. hour. The “Last Vegas” stars helped Al with the weather report, weighed in on heated social debates and prepared seasonal fall meals with chef John Besh.
Check out the Hollywood legends’ hour of hosting:
Ladies admit they mold their man into Mr. RightPlay Video
#FridayFishbowl: What's on Steve Harvey's night stand? Oh my…
A Dunkin' Donuts celebrates Tom Brady's overturned suspension
Matt Lauer's interview of Caitlyn Jenner to air next week on TODAY
Abandoned malls: See inside these U.S. shopping relics
5. It’s time for another TODAY Book Club quiz! We’re asking fans to answer a question about the latest literary pic, "Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy."
Have a guess? Tweet it using the hashtag #TODAYBookClub.
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!