TODAY is saying goodbye to Studio 1A and "privet" to Sochi! (That's "hi" in Russian, by the way!)
Matt, Savannah, Al, Natalie, Willie, Meredith Vieira and Jenna Bush Hager are traveling to Sochi to host TODAY during the Olympic Games. While the Games officially begin with the opening ceremony on Feb. 7, TODAY will kick things off from Russia beginning Feb. 3. Here is an inside peek of what’s to come:
1. Can’t get to Sochi to see the Olympic sites? That’s OK, TODAY will bring them to you. TODAY’s Sochi set is located in Olympic Park, bringing views of the Fisht Olympic Stadium, Iceberg Skating Palace, Bolshoy Ice Dome, Medals Plaza and Olympic cauldron into your home.
2. The Orange Room is relocating to Sochi with Jenna Bush Hager taking over the reins, keeping viewers connected to the hosts on the other side of the world.
3. A star-studded group of athletes are joining the TODAY team. Lindsey Vonn, Evan Lysacek, Kristi Yamaguchi and others are getting ready to bring viewers an inside look of the Games.
4. You've seen them compete, but get to know the athletes behind the uniform. TODAY is profiling the incredible athletes that make up Team USA, including Shaun White, Julia Mancuso, Ted Ligety, Bode Miller, Gracie Gold, Lolo Jones and others.
5. TODAY is getting in on the competition too. The TODAY anchors will compete against the NBC Sports anchor team in an intramural Olympiad. See how they measure up in luge, synchronized swimming and other events.
6. Russian 101. From its culture to its cuisine, and yes, its vodka, the city of Sochi will be explored on TODAY. Viewers will even get language lessons with “Al’s Word of the Day.” TODAY also will bring a bit of America to Russia with a live performance of "The Voice" Season 4 finalists The Swon Brothers on Feb. 14.
7. Weekend TODAY will be in on the action. The Olympics don’t stop for the weekend, and neither does TODAY. Lester, Al and Natalie will host Weekend TODAY live from Olympic Park.
8. TODAY.com brings viewers closer to the Olympic Games than ever. The site will be loaded with special content, including athletes’ fitness secrets and stories about their personal journeys to Sochi. Fans also will be able to connect through live chats, Facebook and Twitter by using the hashtag #SochiTODAY.