For a fun time (and a fake girlfriend), text this number
Maybe you're lonely, maybe you're tired of being teased over your single status, or maybe you're just a bit odd — there are plenty of almost reasonable sounding excuses to get a fake girlfriend. And thanks to a new service, it's now easier than ever.
This service is called FakeGirlfriend.co — no, there really isn't supposed to be an "m" after the "co" — and it'll provide you with a fake girlfriend who'll send text messages and even call you.
Here's how it works:
- You save the FakeGirlfriend.co phone number — which is (212) 804-6979 — in your contacts as Natasha or Lisa (or whatever pretend name you've given your beloved).
- When you're out with friends and want to make them think that you've got a hot girl waiting for you, you send a text message to that number.
- A few moments later, you'll receive a text message back.
- Another few moments later, you'll get a call with a pre-recorded voice message.
From what I can tell after briefly trying out FakeGirlfriend.co, the text messages and pre-recorded calls vary each time.
I've received text messages saying things like "I just need someone to talk to ... Call me?" and "Why don't you leave the boys and come hang out with me?" The calls often involved a sweet voice pleading "Please come hang out with me? Please? I really miss you." There were even pauses in the pre-recorded message so that I could pretend to respond.
Now, I sincerely doubt that FakeGirlfriend.co will satisfy your emotional needs, but it'll certainly help you pretend to be in a relationship for a little while. At least until people start questioning why they've never seen the girl who keeps texting and calling you.
- An iPhone can find a date faster than you
- Romantic video will make geeky girls swoon
- StumbleUpon helps man propose to best friend
Want more tech news, silly puns, or amusing links? You'll get plenty of all three if you keep up with Rosa Golijan, the writer of this post, by following her on Twitter, subscribing to her Facebook posts, or circling her on Google+.