10 awesome MacGyver tricks that speak for themselves
April 27, 2013 at 12:41 PM ET
Some life hacks require a complete how-to guide just to understand. Others are so genius in their simplicity that they speak for themselves. Here are 10 of our favorite self-explanatory MacGyver tricks.
10. Make perfect pancakes with a squeeze bottle
It doesn't have to be a ketchup bottle, any kind of squeeze bottle will work—including the kind you buy empty from the store.
9. Use a Post-It note to avoid a drilling mess
8. Seal plastic bags with old bottle caps
7. Remove a stripped screw with a rubber band
Then fix the hole with toothpicks.
6. Organize anything with an over-the-door shoe holder
This works with anything from pantry items to cleaning products to gadgets, game controllers, and even cables.
5. Create an instant snack bowl from any snack bag
Then eat the snacks with chopsticks to avoid getting the mess on your fingers, too.
4. Create extra shelf space with a tension rod
Tension rods are great for oh-so-many things.
3. Organize cables with toilet paper tubes
It ain't pretty, but what cable organization system is?
2. Use soda can tabs to save closet space
1. Use binder clips as cable catchers
Really, binder clips are just a MacGyver hacker's dream.
More from LifeHacker: