Recipe: PURPLE POTATO SALAD
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1-2 lemons, to taste
- 255g/9oz crème fraîche or fromage frais
- 500g/1lb 2oz baby new potatoes
- 500g/1lb 2oz purple potatoes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch of radishes, finely sliced
- 1 handful of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 handful of chives, chopped
I like to use a mixture of new potatoes and purple potatoes in this salad, but if you can’t find any purple ones then just use all new potatoes instead. But try to hunt them down — they’re great!
Make the dressing by mixing together the olive oil, lemon juice and crème fraîche or fromage frais. Cook the potatoes in plenty of boiling salted water for around 20 minutes until tender, and drain well. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, rub off the skins with a knife and slice into bite-size pieces. Mix with the dressing, then add the radishes and herbs and season well to taste.