Recipe: GRILLED SHRIMP AND ANDOUILLE WITH HOT RAVIGOTE SAUCE
- Hot ravigote sauce
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. finely diced yellow onion
- 2 tsp capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/4 tsp roasted garlic puree
- 1/8 tsp Angel Dust Cajun seasoning
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 tsp Creole mustard
- 1 tsp prepared horseradish
- 1/8 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1 tsp unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- FOR THE SHRIMP AND ANDOUILLE
- 1 lb andouille
- 24 large shrimp
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Angel Dust Cajun seasoning
- 12 (10 inch) skewers, soaked in water if wooden
- White rice
To prepare the sauce, heat the butter in a medium nonstick sauté pan over high heat, add the onion and cook 1 to 2 minutes until soft but not browned. Stir in the capers, garlic puree, Cajun seasoning, ground black and white peppers, red pepper flakes and salt; cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the cream, mustard, horseradish, Worcestershire and hot pepper sauces. Bring to a boil and simmer, whisking occasionally, for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Add the butter, whisking until completely incorporated. Set aside until needed. Reheat the sauce before serving.
For the shrimp and andouille
Heat a charcoal or gas grill.
Slice the andouille diagonally into 36 ½ inch slices. Place the andouille and shrimp in a medium-sized bowl, drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the Cajun seasoning and mix thoroughly. Thread 3 pieces of andouille and 2 shrimp onto each skewer, alternating andouille and shrimp.
Grill over high heat, turning once or twice, for 6 to 7 minutes, or until shrimp turn pink and are cooked through.
Serve 2 skewers per person with white rice and a portion of sauce.