Recipe: FIVE-SPICE CHICKEN KABOBS
- 1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- Dash ground ginger
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves or thighs
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks or one 8-ounce can pineapple chunks (juice pack), drained
- 1 medium green sweet pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
1. For glaze, in a small bowl combine orange juice concentrate, honey, soy sauce, five-spice powder, and ginger. Set aside.
2. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. On six long skewers, alternately thread chicken, pineapple, green pepper, and red pepper, leaving a 1/4-inch space between pieces.
3. For a charcoal grill, grill kabobs on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 12 to 14 minutes or until tender and no longer pink, turning and brushing once with glaze up to the last 5 minutes of grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place kabobs on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.) Serve with hot cooked rice. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts per serving: 218 calories, 17 g protein. Daily Values: 17% vit. A, 132% vit. C, 2% calcium, 10% iron.