Recipe: BLACK-EYED PEA RICE PILAF
- 2 cups black-eyed peas, cooked and drained
- 2 cups enriched rice, cooked 3/4 of the way
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1. In a saute pan, cook the peppers, garlic and oil
2. Add all herbs, rice and chicken stock to pan. Cook rice through, should take about 10 minutes until the rice softens and the stock reduces. Add the peas and cook five more minutes.
3. Serve on a platter.