Recipe: PACIFIC RIM SHRIMP
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger, with the juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons hot Asian chili paste, preferably with garlic
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined, tails on
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened flake coconut, toasted, for garnish
- Minced fresh cilantro for garnish
In a bowl large enough to hold the shrimp, combine the coconut milk, lime juice, soy sauce, ginger, sugar, and chili paste. Add the shrimp and marinate for 30 minutes. Pour the marinade into a small saucepan and simmer until slightly thickened. Do not boil. Keep the sauce warm.
Cook the shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes on a stovetop, electric, or outdoor grill. The shrimp are done when they are just a bit springy to the pressure of your finger. Serve immediately with the sauce drizzled over them and the toasted coconut and cilantro on top.