Recipe: RICOTTA PUFFS
- 1 17-oz package (2 sheets) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red sweet pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Grated Romano cheese
Unfold the pastry on a lightly floured surface. Using a sharp knife, cut each pastry sheet into 9 3-inch squares.
For filling, in a medium bowl stir together the ricotta cheese, roasted red pepper, the 3 tablespoons Romano cheese, the parsley, oregano, and black pepper.
Moisten the edges of each pastry square with milk. Spoon about 2 teaspoons filling onto one-half of each pastry square. Fold the other half of the pastry over the filling forming a rectangle. Seal edges by pressing with the tines of a fork. With a sharp knife, cut slits in the top of each pastry bundle. Brush with milk; sprinkle with additional Romano cheese.
Arrange pastry bundles on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake in a 400-degree oven about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack; cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 18 puffs