Recipe: Pepper Scallops with Asian Slaw
- Asian Slaw ingredients:
- 1 cup celery, bias-cut
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, julienned
- 1/4 cup jicama, peeled and shredded
- 1/8 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 cup pickled ginger juice
- Sea Scallops ingredients:
- 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 ounces sea scallops (side tendon removed)
- 2 ounces sake (can be substituted with rice vinegar)
- 1 ounce soy sauce
- Lemon (garnish)
- Sesame seeds (garnish)
Asian Slaw instructions:
- Mix all slaw ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Place in container and refrigerate.
- In sauté pan, add olive oil (medium heat).
- Add scallops, dusting with flour and pepper.
- Sauté until 3/4 cooked and deglaze pan with sake.
- Add soy sauce and cook until it makes a thin sauce.
- Place on a plate beside the Asian slaw and garnish scallops with lemon and sesame seeds.
search for more recipes in TODAY Food