Recipe: A NEW ENGLAND CLAMBAKE
- 1 Stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1 Tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 Ears corn, husks on
- 2 Pounds seaweed + more for garnish
- 8 Red bliss potatoes, parboiled and cut in half
- 1 Pound kielbasa, cut lengthwise in half
- 15 Top neck or cherrystone clams, clean
- 2 Live lobsters, split in half, head, sack, liver and tamale removed (You can have your fish monger do this.)
Prepare a grill to medium hot and adjust height of grill to 4 inches above coals/heat element.
In a small saucepan melt butter with parsley, thyme and lemon juice.
On half the grill arrange corn. Close grill and roast for 5 minutes. Turn corn and add potatoes and kielbasa cut side down.
Place seaweed on the other half of the grill and arrange clams and lobster cut side down and replace cover again.
Cook another for 5 minutes. Brush with herbed butter. Cover grill again and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes until clams are opened, lobster is cooked through, corn is tender, potatoes and kielbasa are well marked.
Remove all from grill and arrange on a family-style platter. Drizzle with remaining herb butter and serve immediately.
4 generous servings