Recipe: Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- 2 1/4 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, cubed peeled
- 2/3 cup 2% reduced-fat milk, warmed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return potatoes to pan. Add milk and remaining ingredients; mash to desired consistency. Cook over low heat until warm.
Calories 174 (28% from fat)
Fat 5.5g (satfat 3.4g, monofat 1.4g, polyfat 0.2g)
Horseradish adds a peppery kick, but the potatoes are also good without it. Or add the horseradish last, just to the portion of potatoes reserved for the adults.
Serving size: 2/3 cup