Recipe: Strawberry Soup
- 1 quart strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup white Riesling wine
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- dill sprigs
Reserve several strawberries for sliced strawberry garnish.
Put the remaining strawberries into a blender, doing this in batches if necessary.
Add the wine, sugar, ginger, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, lemon juice and 2/3 cup sour cream to the blender and puree till smooth. Chill the soup for 1-2 hours or overnight.
Pour 4 ounces of soup into soup plates, top with a 1 tablespoon dollop of sour cream in the center of the plate, several slices of fresh strawberry and sprinkle some dill sprigs over the top. Serve chilled.