Recipe: Olive Cheese Ball
- One 8-oz package cream cheese
- 8 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup chopped pitted ripe olives, well drained
- (one 4 1/2 oz. can)
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or almonds toasted
- Fresh parsley (optional)
- Assorted crackers or apple slices
Yield: 3 cups
Place cream cheese, blue cheese and butter or margarine in a large bowl; let stand until room temperature. Beat cheeses and butter with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Stir in olives and chives. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
Shape mixture into a ball; cover and chill until serving time. To serve, roll in nuts. Let stand for 15 minutes. If desired, garnish with parsley. Serve with assorted crackers or apple slices.