Recipe: Red Wine Cranberry Relish
- 3/4 cup red wine, such as Merlot or Syrah
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 large Gala apple, skin on, cored and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3 cups (12-ounce bag) fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
In a medium nonreactive saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, reduce heat, and simmer for about 30 to 35 minutes, until thickened and chutney-like in consistency. The mixture will thicken a little more after cooling.
Serve with Herb Roast Turkey.
Makes about 2-1/2 cups