Recipe: Peanut and Banana Pizza
- One 18-ounce package refrigerated chocolate chip or peanut butter cookie dough
- 1/2 cup caramel ice-cream topping
- 1 cup semisweet or milk chocolate pieces and/or miniature candy-coated semisweet baking bits
- 1/2 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 large banana, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chocolate ice-cream topping (optional)
For crust, grease a 12-inch grill pizza pan. Press cookie dough into prepared pan.
For a charcoal grill, grill crust directly over medium coals for 10 to 15 minutes or until edges of cookie crust are lightly golden and top is set but not dry. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Grill cookie crust on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.) Remove crust from grill (cookie crust may puff and fall at this point).
Drizzle caramel topping over cookie crust. Sprinkle chocolate pieces and/or baking bits and peanuts over caramel. Return pan to grill for 1 to 2 minutes more or until chocolate pieces soften. Remove from grill and cool on a wire rack.
16 g total fat (3 g saturated fat)
11 mg cholesterol
185 mg sodium
48 g carbohydrate
1 g fiber
4 g protein
Daily Values: 10% iron
To serve, top pizza with sliced banana and, if desired, drizzle with chocolate topping. Cut into wedges.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Grill Time: 11 minutes