Recipe: Granny Fearing's Baked Beans
- 1 21-ounce can pork and beans
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 12-ounce bottle Heinz ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 1/8 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/8 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup Heinz sweet gherkin juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound thickly sliced smoked bacon
Preheat oven to 350° degrees.
Combine pork and beans, onion, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, molasses, gherkin juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper to taste in a 2-quart casserole. Top with strips of bacon in a crisscross pattern. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake in preheated 350° degree oven for 1 1/2 hours. Remove foil for last 30 minutes of baking. Serve hot or cold.