Recipe: White Gazpacho With Almonds and Grapes
- 3/4 cup blanched Spanish Marcona almonds (salted)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 shallots
- 1-1/2 cups English cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup seedless green grapes
- 4 slices stale white bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cups cold vegetable broth
- 6 tablespoons excellent quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
Grind almonds, garlic cloves, shallots, cucumbers, grapes, bread, dill and salt to a fine consistency in a food processor or blender. With processor running, add 6 tablespoons of olive oil and one cup cold vegetable stock slowly in a steady stream. Add vinegar and sherry wine and mix on high speed for 2 minutes.
Add a bit more vegetable stock until desired consistency. Season with more salt or vinegar, if desired. Garnish with sliced grapes and crushed almonds, dill and croutons toasted in olive oil, if desired.