Recipe: CURED SALMON BELLY TARTARE
- 1 lbs. Fresh skinless salmon belly (fat portion) — ask your fish monger
- 2 cups coarse sea salt (for curing)
- Ingredients for the tartare:
- Diced cured salmon
- 1/4 bunch fresh chives, chopped
- 1/4 bunch fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp. mustard oil
- 1 tsp. Tabasco
- 1/2 tsp. Lemon zest, finely grated
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
On a non-reactive pan or dish cover salmon with salt for 45 minutes, then rinse with cold water, pat dry. Slice salmon into thin pieces, then into very small dice.
for the tartare:
In a stainless bowl, mix all ingredients together vigorously to emulsify.
Serve with toasted bread
Serves 4 appetizers