Recipe: PASTRAMI REUBEN PIZZA
- 1 recipe Basic Pizza Dough (see below)
- 6 oz favorite Thousand Island dressing
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced deli style Pastrami
- 1/2 cup Sauerkraut (drained)
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
1. Place the pizza stone in the center of the oven and preheat to 500 F for one hour before cooking the pizzas.
2. Use a measuring spoon to spread 3 tablespoons evenly over the surface of stretched dough. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of Swiss cheese and 1/2cup of mozzarella over the entire surface of the dough.
3. Evenly distribute half of the Pastrami over the cheese. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of Sauerkraut over the Pastrami.
4. Top the Sauerkraut with 1/2 tsp caraway seeds, sprinkle an additional two tablespoons of mozzarella over the top of the pizza.
5. Transfer the pizza to the oven; bake until the crust is crisp and golden and the cheese at the center is bubbly, 8 to 10 minutes. When the pizza is cooked, carefully remove it from the oven; slice and serve. Serve each pizza with 3 tablespoons of Thousand Island dressing on the side.
6. Repeat with remaining ingredients for a second pizza.
Makes two 9-inch pizzas