Recipe: Thursday: Quick Pizza Margherita
- 1 can refrigerated pizza crust dough (10 oz.)
- Cooking spray
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 5 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced (about 3/4 lb.)
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, shredded (4 oz.)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
Prep: 10 min. Cook: 20 min. Cost per serving: 59¢
Serving size 2 slices
Fat 10g (Sat 5g)
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Unroll the dough onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; pat it into a 13-by-11-inch rectangle. Bake for 8 minutes.
2. Remove crust from oven and brush with 1/2 tsp. olive oil; rub crust with cut sides of garlic.
3. Arrange tomato slices on crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake for 12 minutes or until cheese melts and crust is golden.
4. Sprinkle pizza evenly with sliced basil, salt and pepper. Drizzle remaining 1/2 tsp. olive oil evenly over the pizza.