Recipe: Chicken, Red Potato and Green Bean Salad
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound diagonally cut green beans
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken (about 8 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 (10-ounce) package gourmet salad greens (about 6 cups)
Red potatoes work well and add a nice color to this salad, but you can use any waxy potato, such as fingerling or white. If your potatoes aren't small, cut each into 8 wedges.
Total time: 35 minutes
1. To prepare dressing, combine first 8 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk.
2. To prepare salad, place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Add 1 teaspoon salt to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until almost tender. Add beans, and cook an additional 4 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Drain. Rinse with cold water; drain well.
3. Quarter potatoes. Place the potatoes, beans, chicken, onion, and greens in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
Calories 269 (29% from fat); fat 8.8g (sat 1.8g, mono 4.4g, poly 1.
4 servings (serving size: about 1 3/4 cups)