Recipe: Thai Chicken and Mango Blueberry Salad
- For the dressing
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Vietnamese chili paste
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- For the salad
- 2 cups cooked, shredded white meat chicken (about 1 pound raw)
- 1/2 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed mint leaves
- 2 cups loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 4 cups pre-washed baby spinach
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 cup blueberries
For the dressing
To prepare the dressing, in a small non-reactive bowl whisk together garlic, chili paste, brown sugar, lime juice and fish sauce until combined. Set aside in refrigerator.
For the salad
To prepare the salad, in a large bowl place shredded chicken, onion, red pepper, basil, mint, cilantro, spinach, mango and blueberries. Add dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Make ahead tip: When you’re making chicken earlier in the week, make extra so you can enjoy this salad on a moment’s notice.
Taste tip: If you’re not a fan of raw onions, add the onions to the dressing a few minutes ahead of time. It will remove their peppery bite.