Recipe: Summertime Bluefish in Foil
- 3 (2-1/2 to 3 pound) Bluefish, gutted, filleted into 6 pieces, skin off
- 6 sheets aluminum foil approximately 14 inches by 10 inches
- 4 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 Vidalia onion, peeled, split, sliced thin
- 2 medium beefsteak tomatoes, cored, split, sliced approximately 1/4-inch thick
- 18 asparagus stalks, split centrally into fourths, trimmed to 5 inches in length
- 1 small lemon, split, seeded, sliced paper thin into half moons
- 18 fresh thyme sprigs
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
On a clean work surface lay down foil sheets shiny side up. Brush sheets with half the oil. Evenly distribute onion slices in center of foil. Place a fillet of fish on each pile of onion. Equally distribute remaining ingredients and remaining oil over the fish. Gently wrap up the packages to seal. Place in the oven and bake approximately 14 to 16 minutes at 350 degrees or place on a medium grill for approximately 12 minutes.
Serve one packet to each guest on a plate, or open and eat right from the foil. It contains the entire meal including sauce. Serve with corn brushed with special corn butter.