Video: Try Sandra Lee’s turkey twist for Thanksgiving
Recipe: Baked turkey tetrazzini
- 1/2 pound spaghetti, broken in half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (8-ounce) sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons bottled garlic blend
- 1 can (10.5-ounce) white sauce
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat a 2-quart dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti about 10 minutes until tender. Drain and reserve 1/4 cup water.
3. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir for 6 minutes or until soft. Stir in white sauce, half and half, and sherry; heat through. Stir in Swiss cheese until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in cooked pasta, turkey, and . cup of the reserved pasta water until well mixed. Transfer to prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and bacon over top.
4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Serve.
Makes 4 servings
Recipe: Cream cheese and cranberry bars
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 1/2 cups finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (12-ounce) white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 4 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl combine crushed graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press into the bottom of prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
3. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F. In a very large bowl combine the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy using an electric mixer on medium. Beat in eggs, one at a time, just until blended. Pour half of the white chocolate chips and half of the dried cranberries into batter. Combine. Pour over prepared crust.
4. Sprinkle remaining white chocolate chips and remaining dried cranberries over batter. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until edges are set but center still jiggles slightly. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 1 hour.
5. For cheesecake icing, beat cream cheese until creamy. Beat in powdered sugar. Stir in vanilla. Add 3 tablespoons milk and stir to thoroughly combine. Add milk as needed to get desired consistency. Drizzle over cooled bars. Refrigerate baking cookies & cakes at least 2 hours before serving.
6. Cut into 12 square bars (approximately 3x3 inches).
Makes 12 bars
© 2013 NBCNews
Discuss: What did you think of this recipe?
How many stars would you give the dish? If you made changes, tell us how you customized it.